A delicious hearty chili that is perfect for a chilly night. Works great to make ahead and feed a crowd!
During the cold winter months our church has a Soup & Sing event once a month on Friday night. We get together for soup, bread, and crackers then sing hymns. It is such a lovely evening! It’s a nice time to relax and worship together. That event is how I was introduced to this soup! The event planner, a dear friend of mine, brings this Creamy Vegetarian White Bean Chili. It’s always a hit! It has such a nice creamy texture and rich flavor – it’s delicious! It was a recipe I had to have. She said I could share it with you!
Important Notes About the Vegetarian Chicken in this Creamy White Bean Chili Recipe
- This recipe calls for Loma Linda Fri-Chik. If you are only able to locate Loma Linda Diced Chik, that works just the same.
- If you do not want to pay for the shipping, most grocery stores, Walmart, and Target sell Morningstar Farms Vegetarian Meat in their freezer section. You could check out the options and see if there is a substitute you could make work.
- Otherwise, you can easily leave out the vegetarian chicken from this recipe and still enjoy it!
Where to Buy Loma Linda Fri-Chik
- First, check your local Seventh-day Adventist Conference office. Or, check to see if there is an Apply Valley near you.
- Fake Meats
- Walmart Online
- ABC Health Foods
What You Need to Make Creamy Vegetarian White Bean Chili
- Vegetarian Chicken Seasoning
- Dried Oregano
- Great Northern Beans
- Sour Cream
- Loma Linda Fri-Chik
How to Make Creamy Vegetarian White Bean Chili
- Saute 1 medium onion in butter. Transfer to a medium size saucepan.
- Add 2 cups water, 3 tbsp vegetarian chicken seasoning, 1 tbsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp dried oregano, 1/4 tsp cumin, 2 cans (15.5 oz) drained and rinsed Great Northern Beans, and 1 can shredded Loma Linda Fri-Chik.
- Once hot, add 12 oz sour cream. Stir until well mixed.
- Leave chili over heat until hot again, stirring occasionally.
Tips for Making Creamy Vegetarian White Bean Chili
- I use McKay’s vegetarian chicken seasoning.
- This recipe works great for a make ahead meal. It keeps well in covered container in the refrigerator.
- You can easily substitute the sour cream for vegan sour cream and the butter for vegan butter to make a vegan version of this chili!
For More Vegetarian Soups & Chili Recipes, Check Out:
- Vegetarian Chili
- Winter Vegetable Chili
- Vegetarian Beefless Stew
- Easy Cheesy Potato Soup
- Vegan Tomato Soup
For More Vegetarian Comfort Food, Check Out:
- Easy Vegetarian Pot Pie
- Tortellini Alfredo
- Easy Stuffed Shells
- Easy Homemade Baked Mac & Cheese
- Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole
Creamy Vegetarian White Bean Chili
Creamy Vegetarian White Bean Chili, a delicious hearty chili that is perfect for a chilly night. Works great to make ahead and feed a crowd!
- 1 medium Onion, Chopped
- 2 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Vegetarian Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 2 cans (15.5 oz) Great Northern Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1 can Loma Linda Fri-Chik, Shredded
- 12 oz Sour Cream
- Saute onion in butter. Transfer to a medium size saucepan.
- Add water, vegetarian chicken seasoning, chopped garlic, salt, dried oregano, cumin, beans, and Fri-Chik.
- Once hot, add sour cream. Stir until well mixed.
- Leave chili over heat until hot again, stir occasionally.