With only 5-ingredients these delicious no bake crowd pleasing creamy Reese’s are super quick and easy to make!
These bars and I go waaaaaay back!
The time finally came for my two sisters and I to stay home alone while my parents worked during the summer months. I got bored one day and flipped through my Mom’s recipes. I did this often and still do to this day. It’s equal parts relaxing and motivating to look through recipe books!
She happened to have all of the ingredients needed for these oh so delicious, make my mouth salivate bars. It was a sign – I needed to try making them!
I didn’t waste any time turning her kitchen upside down. If you ask my husband, he’ll tell you I’m like a cyclone when I am in the kitchen. Actually, you don’t even have to ask – he’ll tell you alllll about it! HA!
I got everything out to make them, called my Mom at work a thousand times with questions, put them together according to the directions, and patiently waited for them to harden. The mixture tasted so good, like a Nutty Bar. I was confident these babies were going to be on the cover of Betty Crocker’s next cookbook.
I checked on them every now and then, hoping they were ready to cut and eat.
But they just weren’t getting firm, like my Mom’s. They tasted good, but something was wrong. I shrugged off the failure and decided to try again another day.
Another day came, and it happened again. They were too soft. This happened again, and again, and again. So I tried again, again, and again. With each attempt I tried a different approach. Like following the recipe reeeeeeaaaaallllllly slow and double and triple checking the measurements. I just couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong!
Then, finally, one day it happened…
They turned out JUST like my Mom’s!
I never did figure out what I was doing wrong. I just didn’t give up trying. And now I am featuring them on my very own food blog! Never, ever, ever give up. Keep trying!
Ingredients Needed for No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Powdered Sugar
- Melted Butter
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Milk Chocolate Chips
How to Make No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars
- Turn a package (not the whole box, just one package from the box) of Graham Crackers into crumbs by using your food processor.
- Combine the Graham Cracker crumbs, 3 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup melted butter, and 1 cup of peanut butter together.
- Melt 6 oz of milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter together over low heat. Stir constantly until well mixed and melted. Spread evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm. Once firm, cut into desired size bars.
How to Make No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars Vegan
You can easily make these vegan! Just substitute the butter for vegan butter and the milk chocolate chips for vegan chocolate chips.
I love no bake recipes. They really save me a lot of time!
For More Chocolate and Peanut Butter Recipes, Check Out:
- Healthy Frosty with Peanut Butter
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
- Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins with Peanut Butter
For More No Bake Recipes, Check Out:
- No Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Balls
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Crispy No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- No Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
No Bake Reese's Peanut Butter Bars
No Bake Reese's Peanut Butter Bars, with only 5-ingredients these delicious no bake crowd pleasing creamy Reese's are super quick and easy to make!
Peanut Butter Mixture
- 1 Package Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup Butter, Melted
- 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 6 oz Hersey's Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- Turn a package of Graham Crackers into crumbs by using your food processor.
- Combine the Graham Cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, melted butter, and 1 cup of peanut butter together.
- Melt 6 oz of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter together over low heat. Stir constantly until well mixed and melted. Spread evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 8g
These are delicious and so easy!
Thank you so much, Lynn!
Lori Robertson Ward says
I really want to try these but dont want them to fail. Did you maybe use a different PB each time? A different brand of graham crackers? Was the butter maybe soft instead of completely melted? Did you ever figure out the issue?
Hey Lori! I was just a kid at the time, so I don’t remember where I went wrong. I was just learning how to bake, so it took a lot of trial and error. Especially at that age! I am confident that you will not fail at making these bars. If I had to guess, I probably measured wrong. When you press the peanut butter mixture into the pan, press it firmly so the mixture packs together well. Then pour your chocolate mixture on top and put it in the refrigerator until they are firm. I think they will turn out perfect. You’ve got this! Be sure to let me know how they turn out for you!